Request for Proposals – Copyeditor for Workshop Documents
The Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council is organizing an International Workshop on Area-Based Management of Blue Water Ecosystems to be held June, 2020 in Honolulu, HI, USA. In order to elucidate appropriate employment of area-based management measures in blue water ecosystems, a publishable paper: “Road Map to Effective Area-Based Management in Blue Water Ecosystems”, is to be written by a team of experts, followed by a workshop of global leaders on the subject matter. The “road map” document will be populated prior to the workshop and published in September 2020. The ‘road map’ document will require the input of workshop participants in compiling subject matter. The document will require the assistance of an editor and copyeditor. The copyeditor will be responsible for formatting and grammatical corrections for the document before it is submitted for publication and will assist Council staff on reporting.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Contractor will assist Council staff and another contractor in improving the presentation and format of the International Workshop on Area-Based Management of Blue Water Ecosystems to be held in Honolulu, Hawaii in June 2020.
The scope of work to meet contract deliverables includes:
- Review formatting on a first complete draft of the report one month after conclusion of the workshop;
- Format and copy-edit the draft report;
- Quality control and formatting used by peer review journal of choice by workshop participants; and
- Communicate regularly (every other week) with contract monitors on the status of document development, issues or problems encountered and other items as needed.
The contract is expected to begin July 1, 2020. The contract shall be completed no later than December 31, 2020.
- Contractor must have a demonstrated proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Must have experience with copyediting
- Must be familiar with formatting guidelines of published works
- Must be available July 1 to September 30, 2020 and respond on short notice to editor to perform any copyedit work during that period
- Must demonstrate ability to meet strict deadlines
The contractor will be required to work closely with a contracted editor and Council staff and will have two deliverables: (1) Copyedited first draft of comments and revisions by Workshop Participants, (2) Workshop Document is ready for submission to peer review
HOW TO APPLY
Proposal submissions should include the following materials:
- A proposal including the following items (maximum 5 pages):
- Name, affiliation, and contact information of the applicant
- Writing example
- A curriculum vitae or resume for contractor (maximum of 1 CVs per proposal; not to exceed 4 pages each).
Proposals may be submitted by e-mail (attach materials in PDF files) or regular mail to:
Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1400
Honolulu, HI 96813
Any inquiries regarding this Request for Proposals should be directed to the contact information above.
Proposals must be submitted and received at the Council office by Friday June 12, 2020, at 5pm Hawaii Standard Time.
Click here for printable PDF.