Request for Proposal: Coordinate and Host 2021 Summer High School Courses on Fisheries and Marine Resource Management (Due by June 18, 2021)
The Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council (Council) is soliciting proposals for contractual service listed below.
CONTRACT SERVICE: Coordinate and Host the 2021 Summer High School Courses on Fisheries and Marine Resource Management
BACKGROUND: The Council’s summer high school course on fisheries and marine resource management has been held annually over the past 18 years. The course is part of the Council’s capacity-building program that provides motivated secondary-level students exposure to marine-related trade professions, including technical and scientific careers in marine science, oceanography, coral reef ecology, fisheries resource management, traditional resource management, compliance and monitoring and aspects related to human dimensions and industry. The course blends classroom lectures, field trips and hands-on activities and is structured for high school-aged students preparing for employment or post-secondary level education. Courses are held independently each summer in Hawaii, the territories of American Samoa and Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI).
SCOPE OF WORK: The contractor(s) will, in close coordination with Council staff, plan and teach the high school summer course that supports capacity development in marine fisheries resource management and increase interest in local fisheries. Contractor(s) will:
- Develop a course curriculum, syllabus and schedule for a two-week course (schedule may include weekends when necessary).
- Coordinate all course activities, including development and distribution of applications, recruitment of students, securing of venues and off-site events, provide overall student supervision, secure transportation, arrange for guest lecturers, secure waiver student forms and produce all course-related materials.
- Produce a post-course close-out report detailing all elements and activities performed or executed and include attendance sheets, waiver release forms, course syllabus, participant testimonials on their perception of the course, presentations and other information available. The report will be used to evaluate the contractor’s performance and the impact of the course with participants.
CONTRACT PERIOD: The contract is expected to start July 1, 2021, and shall be completed no later than Aug. 31, 2021.
ELIGIBILITY: The potential contractor(s) must:
- Have a demonstrated experience and knowledge of fisheries and fishery management in either Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam or the CNMI;
- Have a demonstrated teaching experience working with students and/or in a classroom setting, with experience providing instruction using video conferencing technology;
- Have a demonstrated ability and expertise in developing a course curriculum for high school-aged students;
- Be able to work independently and communicate effectively with the Council; and
- Be available to start the project July 1, 2021, and complete the project by Aug. 31, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY: Proposals will be accepted for individual or multiple island areas (HI, AS, GU and/or CNMI) but must clearly describe the vendor’s ability to successfully execute the scope of work in each area. Submissions should include a proposal including the following (maximum 3 pages): a. Name, affiliation and contact information of the principal contractor(s); b. A brief statement addressing the requirements as stated; c. Budget; and d. A curriculum vitae or resume for each project participant.
Proposals may be submitted by e-mail (attach materials in PDF files) to firstname.lastname@example.org or USPS mail to: Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council, 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1400, Honolulu, HI 96813.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Proposals will be welcome until June 18, 2021, or until a contractor is engaged.
Click here for printable PDF.