Request for Proposal: Document Development Specialist (Proposals due by Jan. 15, 2022)
SCOPE OF WORK: The contractor will work closely with Council staff to develop documents for fishery management decisions and gather pertinent literature and data for the impact analyses. The contractor will draft discussion papers on fishery issues that the Council will be exploring to determine if an amendment is warranted. If warranted, the contractor shall work with Council staff on the development of the options paper and amendment document with the associated Environmental Assessment and powerpoint for presentations.
The contractor shall also develop the 2021 Archipelagic (American Samoa, Marianas, Hawaii, and Pacific Remote Island Area) and Pelagic (Domestic and International) Annual Stock Assessment and Fishery Evaluation Report. The contractor shall coordinate with the Council’s Archipelagic and Pelagic Plan Team members to develop the modules and compile the various chapters into their respective reports. The Contractor shall update the online portal of the reports at www.wpcouncildata.org.
- Have a demonstrated familiarity, knowledge, and experience working with the fisheries in American Samoa, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Island, Guam, Hawaii, Pacific Remote Island Areas, and Pacific Pelagics;
- Have a demonstrated understanding and knowledge of data and literature sources on Western Pacific fisheries;
- Have a demonstrated experience and knowledge of developing Options Paper, Amendments, and Annual Reports;
- Have a demonstrated experience and knowledge of the NEPA process and development of environmental analysis;
- Be able to work independently and communicate effectively with the Council and NMFS partners; and
- Be available to start the project immediately and complete the project by December 31, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY: Proposal submissions should include a proposal including the following items (maximum 3 pages): a. Name, affiliation, and contact information of the principal contractor(s); b. A brief statement addressing the requirements as stated; c. Budget; and d. a curriculum vitae or resume for each project participant.
Proposals may be submitted by e-mail (attach materials in PDF files) to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to: Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1400 Honolulu, HI 96813.
Click here for printable PDF.