News + Announcements
Request for Proposal: Hawaii Non-commercial fishery liaison (proposals due Dec. 5, 2022)
The Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council (Council) is soliciting proposals for contractual services below.
CONTRACT SERVICE: Hawaii Non-commercial fishery liaison
CONTRACT PERIOD: The contract is expected to start on December 15, 2022 and shall be completed no later than November 31, 2023.
SCOPE OF WORK: The contractor will work with the fishing community, fishery scientists and managers to improve the Lokahi Fishing App by creating a “one stop shop” feature that will gather information from Lokahi App users to help determine fisher’s interest on subject matter and content. The contractor will establish a project team that will oversee the development and implementation of this project. A final report of the project implementation and outcomes will be generated by the PI in coordination with the project team. Tasks of the contractor will include:• Work with the Council and PIFSC staff project team and the Lokahi Fishing App proprietor to develop ways to collect fishery issue feedback through a Lokahi Fishing App “one stop shop” feature.
• Improve engagement with Hawaii non-commercial fishing communities through the app by:
• Getting more fishers involved/engaged in fishery information exchange,
• Improving fisher understanding of science/management issues, and
• Improving dialogue both within and between communities and scientists/managers.
• Tests of the two-way app function with existing users to gather basic information to better understand the non-commercial fishing community (interest, demographics, methods, seasons, gear, community networking, small boat owners, crew, etc.).
• Provide presentations to Council advisory groups, as appropriate
ELIGIBILITY: The potential contractor must:
• Have prior experience collecting and working with fishery data, technical and functional application of smart phone applications and working with fishing communities.
• Be able to work independently and communicate effectively with the Council, its staff, NMFS PIFSC and other partners as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY: Proposal submissions should include a proposal including the following items (maximum 3 pages): a. Name, affiliation, and contact information of the principal contractor(s); b. Brief statement addressing the requirements as stated; c. Budget; and d. a curriculum vitae or resume for each project participant. Proposals will be evaluated on a competitive basis. The selected proposal will be funded as a contract.
• Proposals may be submitted by e-mail (attach materials in PDF files) to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to: Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council 1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1400 Honolulu, HI 96813. U.S. Federal agencies and their employees are not eligible for contractual agreements with the Council.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Proposals will be welcome until December 5, 2022, or until a contractor is engaged.
Click here for printable PDF.