Request for Proposals – Review and Copy Edit Council Draft Publication(s)
The Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council (Council) is soliciting proposals for contractual services listed below.
- CONTRACT SERVICE: Review and Copy Edit Council Draft Publication(s)
- CONTRACT PERIOD: Contract will begin in March 2021 and end two weeks after contract initiation.
- SCOPE OF WORK: The Council is seeking contractor(s) to review and provide edits, comments and recommendations on draft Council produced documents and reports responding to US Administrative initiatives (e.g. 40 year history of the Council, Monograph, EO 14008 & EO13985). Contractor(s) will be engaged to review and copy edit Council draft documents/reports targeted for general public audiences. Contractor(s) will also be engaged to provide content and subject matter reviews on draft Council documents. The Contractor(s) will copy edit documents in track-change, provide electronic in-document comments and/or recommendations on document structure, organization and content, where appropriate. For examples of the style and quality of Council produced publications, go to https://www.wpcouncil.org/educational-resources/education-library/.
- ELIGIBILITY: The potential Contractor must:
- Be familiar with the purpose, role and responsibilities of the Western Pacific Fishery Management Council;
- Have working knowledge of the US Pacific Islands, communities, culture and natural resources;
- Have demonstrated ability and expertise to efficiently review and professionally copy edit professional documents for public distribution; and
- Be available to start the project immediately in March 2021 and complete the project by April 2021.
- REQUIREMENTS: The Contractor must:
- Be detailed oriented and have experience reviewing and copy editing professional documents.
- Have a degree in English, Communications, Journalism or similar subject area
- Work in close coordination with the Council staff to meet deliverable timelines.
- HOW TO APPLY: Proposal submissions should include (maximum 3 pages): a. Name, affiliation, and contact information of the principal contractor(s); b. Brief statement addressing the requirements as stated; c. Compensation rate; and d. a curriculum vitae or resume for each project participant.
Click here for printable PDF.